Duty Charges?

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Duty Charges?
From: "Sizemore, Shane" <shane.sizemore@medaphis.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 07:32:15 -0500
Hi Listers,
I have a question about the duty charges when receiving shipments from
Canada (or anywhere else). I recently purchased some wheels from a
fellow lister in Canada. I (he) paid shipping up front with UPS.
Yesterday in the mail I received a bill for $33.80 from some broker for
duty charges.....WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT????????????
I have already paid once for these things and the total shipping charge
alone with UPS could not have been MUCH more that $33.80.
I know this has been brought up before (I think).
Any help would be appreciated........

Shane Sizemore
Douglasville, GA
1979 Spitfire (decided to rebuild the whole motor)