Re: Duty Charges?

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Duty Charges?
From: "Ryan Smith" <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:46:49 PST
I ordered some stuff from Rimmer (around a $300 purchase) a month or so
ago and got a UPS duty bill for about $12.  I'm not sure if the duty is
like a tax on the amount spent or a percentage on the weight of the
parcel (the box from Rimmer was large but fairly light).

 Last time this cropped up there was some heated debate to say the
least, so let's try to avoid that again.  But I do remember somebody
explaining some ways to get around it if you write something on the box.
I can't remember.  This info could come in handy if I decide to import a
O/D tranny.

Ryan Smith
72 Emerald Green Spitfire