rubber side marker lamp gaskets thingys

To: Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: rubber side marker lamp gaskets thingys
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 14:28:26
OK,  I have decided to get serious and find out what it would take to have
the side marker lamp gaskets made.  I am going to check out some items on
Monday, but I need some questions answered first: 1)my marker lamps gaskets
are marked front/right, back/right (or something like that) Is there an
appreciable difference between each gasket? or can they be interchanged.
2) Are there subtle differences to look for in each gasket 3) Are there any
special requirements (non-obvious) for them.  4)  Does anyone have the
ability to provide a CAD drawing for these items?  (don't need to do it
yet, might not be needed)  5) Are there enough people interested to make
this worth pursuing (I'm not taking orders, just trying to get an idea of
how large a production run and costs)

Let me hear what you have to say, no need to pollute the bandwidth, just
reply to me please.

Thanks
Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire - Daily Driver