The real McCoy

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: The real McCoy
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 17:51:47 -0000
I'm nursing a sore head and the rest of my body is going in a
different direction to my feet.
This is all because of a Triumph warm-up do I had last night with my
old friend Peter Cole who worked with me in Berkeley Square in London
in the 60's.
Before the mild and bitter got too mixed, Peter produced two pieces
of memorabilia which turned back the years and it occurred to me
(before I fell over in his flower bed) that maybe, just maybe, some
of you might be interested in acquiring the same as HIGHLY elitist
replica possessions.
One, is the necktie worn by Triumph sales staff (NOT dealers) at the
1968 London Motor Show as part of our 'official dress'. The Leyland
twisted arsehole logo is prominent in the centre and the tie is a
mixture (in rayon) of broad and very narrow blue stripes against a
silverish white background. The other artefact is the Triumph lapel
pin. Oblong, it is about 1" long by 3/8" deep with the BL logo and
the word TRIUMPH in silver against a blue enamel background. I've
absolutely no idea how much these would cost to replicate, because
quantity is obviously the key to cost. If I can have some idea of who
wants how many of what, I can then get a price worked out and notify
interested parties on the list. If I do proceed, I'd be happy to
include a little certificate of authenticity with each item provided.
Let me know.

John Mac