Re: nose up attitude

To: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>, spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: nose up attitude
From: Paul Jacobson <digigraf@connexus.net.au>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 18:06:27 +1100
on 14/12/98, Atwell Haines typed:

>Hi Paul!=20
>
>Good feeling to have a drivable Spit isn't it?  =20

It certainly is. Now all the sorting the little bits and pieces begins...

>After I rebuilt the front suspension on my Spit last winter, it only
>'settled' about 1/2" over the whole summer.   Did you have any of your
>suspension disassembled during the engine work?  One thing that comes to
>mind is the bushings, the bolts should be tightened with the weight of two
>people in the car to minimise the twisting they experience.

I did have the suspension apart to replace all the bushings with poly=
 bushes. I have a feeling that this is probably only part of the "problem".=
 I think that if the back-end was standard the front would look ok, however=
 the rear spring has been replaced with a MK IV unit and the wheels sit=
 pretty deep in the arches (possibly the rear spring is a bit tired).=
 Looking at the front end, I think the the guard height needs to drop about=
 an inch to balance things up, I'm probably going to have to fit some=
 lowered and uprated front springs as I can't see things are going to settle=
 by that much.=20

Also now the car is on the road the back end doesn't feel all that happy=
 over level crossings and similar. I've done the radius arm bushes so they=
 are ok. What else should I have a look at?

        Digital Graffiti
web design consultants