1974 Spitfire information/opinions

To: "'spitfires@autox.team.net'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 1974 Spitfire information/opinions
From: "Sizemore, Shane" <shane.sizemore@medaphis.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:42:19 -0500
I looked at a 1974 Spitfire 1500 on Saturday about an hour away from my
house. I would like to get some feedback from the list.
I was interested in the car because the current owner has owned it for
about 1year and it was running and a daily driver until August when the
carb started spitting out gas (ZS Carb).
The owner said the guy he bought it from (he paid $900 for it a year
ago) had the motor rebuilt, but he has no paperwork to prove this. The
car only needs a good carb to run (he says). I just wanted the car for
the motor. I noticed that the passenger floor board has some bad rust
spots and someone had attempted to fix with fiberglass. There is also
bad rust on the passenger side rockers. The rest of the body has some
here&there rust, nothing too serious. The interior is shot, the top is
decent (one window needs to be re-sewn).
He was asking $500 OBO, I asked if he would take $300 and he said he
would.
Is it worth the trouble? I have access to a car dolly for free to tow
with.
If the body would have been in better shape, I would have bought it on
the spot.
Anyway, the car is located in Stone Mountain GA. If anyone thinks they
may be interested (I am wondering if I should wait and try to find
another GOOD deal like I got on my '79) let me know.......

Thanks,

Shane Sizemore
1979 Spitfire
Douglasville, GA