Re: "What's up with the British"

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: "What's up with the British"
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:37:27 -0500
jonmac wrote:
[snip]
> Lots of ensuing homour about Boston Tea Party and the War of
> Independence.

Surely you mean the Colonial civil uprising? ;)

I was stationed in Old Blighty in 1976, and we were cautioned to
not make an issue of the Bi-Centenial for fear of angering our
host country. One of the best historical presentations I ever
saw was in London at... (I'm having a senior moment, I can't
remember which Museum it was at.) They had artifacts from
all of the original 13 colonies, things that any state would
never lend to another state, but freely lent them to a display
in England. Wonderful show, I still have the program somewhere
at home.

[snip]

--
Doug Mitchell