Front spring specs?

To: "'Spitfire Mail List'" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Front spring specs?
From: "Lindsay, Mike" <LindsayM@fish.govt.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 09:32:58 +1300

Top of the morning Listers (Well its morning in this part of the world)

I'm now fairing the last panel of my Mk III. Unfortunately it is the bonnet.
Probably
about 3 more days work before it will be ready to paint Jaguar Racing Green
to match
the now completed body tub and doors. (New floors sills and rear guards)
With
all this sanding I could take up safe cracking as most of my finger prints
have
disappeared. Anyway I digress.

I am going have some new front coil springs made.
The workshop manual lists two different coils for the spitfire without
mentioning
whether either pertains to an individual model or preference.

209685 free length 319.8mm (12.59in) identification green.
210566 free length 310.2mm (12.21in) identification light blue.
Both are rated at 150 lb/in.

My original springs are too rusty to find any colour tag to identify them.
Which was the original?
Is a difference of only 10mm going to matter?

Ta

Mike Lindsay
Wellington NZ
1970 Mk III