Re: More Rimmer Parts

To: "Kirby T. Kenyon" <kenyonkt@maple.lemoyne.edu>,
Subject: Re: More Rimmer Parts
From: Doug Mitchell <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:31:52 -0500
Kirby T. Kenyon wrote:

> Both my '72 and my parts '73 have (had) chrome / stainless trim pieces.
>
> At 03:46 AM 12/16/98 -0800, nikolai jaremka wrote:
> >

> >i think i have to disagree with you, bob.  i have a '72 which i
> >believe to have all original parts and trim still on it, and i have
> >BLACK seam finishers.  my impression was that only round tail spits
> >had CHROME finishers from the factory.
> >

> >---Bob Sykes <s1500@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> The trim pieces changed to black somtime during 1975.  Prior to that
> >> they were all stainless.  I suppose that some early '75 cars got the
> >> remaining stock before they were all black.  They weren't "keyed" to
> >> the colour of the car.
> >>
> >> N.A. Campiglia III wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]
> >Chrome
> >ones have
> >> --
> >> Happy Holidays,
> >> Bob

[sigs snipped]

We are talking apples and oranges. Bob refers to the trims
surrounding the taillights, and Nik refers to the fender(wing)
finishers. On the Mk IV and early 1500, the trim surrounding the
taillights was chrome(stainless), whilst on later cars it was
changed to black. This occured at the same time as the change to
black door handles. All of the Mk IV and later cars had the
top finishers in black.

Cheers,

Doug

--