My computer

To: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: My computer
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 00:41:21 -0000
Many thanks to those many kind people who came to my rescue with
suggestions and 'patches' to fix the problem.
At the moment, I'm inclined to think this damned machine had some "be
nice to the user at Christmas" code built into Windows 95 by a
generous hearted soul in Bill Gates' emporium - 'cos it aint done
nuthin' wrong since I posted my request.
Perhaps the fact that I'm properly (?) shutting down ALL the
applications, including Instant Access OCR before logging off, has
something to do with it? Anyway, many many thanks to all of you who
replied.
It's being as good as gold - though the oil leak from the monitor to
the keyboard is becoming rather tedious and the 17ACR alternator is
currently only giving me about 5 amps. The fanbelt was slipping badly
a few weeks ago, so I'm using an old pair of tights from 'her
indoors' to temporarily overcome that problem.

John Mac

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday
And all is well."