Magazine articles

To: Spit list <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Magazine articles
From: Chris Pappathopoulos <ctpappathopo@students.wisc.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:08:26 -0600
Someone a month or so ago mentioned an article in a 73 Road and Track
about performance work on the Spitfire 1500 engine. Being home from
school for break I had some time to search through my dad's old R/Ts to
find the exact issues,  August 1973. Other articles I found in my short
search were a road test of the 1500, May 1973, and a test of all the
cars in SCCA's new Showroom Stock Sportscar class , April 1973. The cars
that were eleigible for Showrrom were: Porsche 914 1.7, Opel GT, MG
Midget, MGB, MGB GT, VW Karmann Ghia, Triumph Spitfire 1500, Triumph
GT6, and Fiat 124 Spider. The GT6 recorded the fastest lap times and the
Spitfire was said to be the most fun.

In case anyone was interested

Chris Pappathopoulos
74 Spitfire 1500 with engine now in pieces