Re: air shocks on a '79 (Auto Zone)

To: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Subject: Re: air shocks on a '79 (Auto Zone)
From: Charlie Brown <cb1500@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 10:01:34 -0800
Paul and all,

I think what I wrote in regards to the air pressure, on the Monroes at
least (they don't recommend a minimum pressure like the Gabriels), is to
let pressure out for autocrossing. Reducing pressure increases negative
camber on the rear end. Up to a point that is a good thing, with the
object being to keep the tires at an angle that maximizes the contact
patch with the asphalt on hard turns. Running weight from one car to
another will vary, so experimentation is necessary. Chalk marks on the
rear tires, in addition to determining correct air pressures, will help
here.

My advice on increasing pressure was for road trips, where there is
extra luggage weight in the boot.

I hope that clears up any misunderstandings in my article.

Charlie Brown