Re: Cylinder Head Removal

To: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Cylinder Head Removal
From: GatesDavid@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 13:21:35 EST
Bob,

I used the good old double nut trick.  However they do make a tool for this
also.  See:http://shop.sears.com/cgi-
bin/ncommerce/;execmacro/dispProdsSCS.d2w/report?prrfnbr=9514&prmenbr=6970

I have never used one so I can't vouch for them.  But the double nut works
well if there are enough threads on the stud to get two nuts on it.  When I
did mine I had a couple studs that were too short to get two nuts on.  Instead
of breaking down and buying the tool, I did what I usually do, improvise.  I
took two old head nuts and grinded them both down on the bench grinder until
they were a little thinner.  Then I was able to get both of them on the stud.
Off it came.

David