Re: steel braided vs rubber hoses

To: Thomas Carney <gt6in@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: steel braided vs rubber hoses
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:22:57 -0800
Tom,
Most definitely!  When I went to Stainless braided hosed, I immediately
noticed a firmer brake pedal.  I think this is due to the expansion of
the rubber hoses and not the stainless braided ones.

I got mine from Spit Bits on sale for $69 a couple of years ago.

Joe

Thomas Carney wrote:

>   I need to replace my brake hoses on my GT6 and I am looking at the
> differences between steel braided and rubber.  Is there any difference
> besides price?  I want the most functional I don't really care so much
> about shiny brakelines if that is all it gives me.
> Thanks
> Tom

  -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer