RE: side marker lamp rubber update

To: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>, "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: RE: side marker lamp rubber update
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 20:22:36 -0500
At 04:33 PM 1/5/99 -0600, Gambony, Jim wrote:
>Does this mean the set I just "borrowed" from the local Lotus dealer won't
>fit my car?    :-)
>
>(the lenses and chrome piece are still being used on the new Lotii Elites,
>don't know about the rubber piece)

The Lucas sidemarker lights used by Lotus had flat rubber bases that 1) do
not conform to the body contours of the Spit and 2) do not hold the light
assy at the proper angle.  I know, I tried them.

They are available for 12 bucks a pair from several Lotus parts sources.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
'88 Lotus Esprit