Re: Multiple seat Triumphs

To: Bill Kelly <bk54@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Multiple seat Triumphs
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 13:38:36 -0500 ()
On Wed, 6 Jan 1999, Bill Kelly wrote:

> > If you want a Triumph with more than two seats, forget the herald.
>
> Excuse me????? What about the stare factor? In a Herald, you'll even get
> a 'thumbs up' from the poor driver stuck behind you as you struggle up a
> slight incline (that was his thumb, wasn't it?:)

Uh, Bill, if you REALLY want both the stare factor and random single-digit
salutes from other drivers, put a mighty 38hp, 2300 lb., three-speed
Mayflower on a slight incline. (Oh wow, dude, AWESOME ride. Now get it the
***k outta my way!)

> Anyway, while you're turning over rocks for a Dolly in North America,
> I'll be on the road with wife and 2 daughters (welcome Gail Annette
> 12/26/98!) in my Herald.

Now, for those who simply aren't patient enough to motor around in leisure
in a Herald, can't afford a good Stag and don't wish to fight EPA, DoT and
customs brokers and shippers in trying to import a Dolly Sprint, how about
looking for a 2000 Mk.1 sedan (or the very occasional Estate model) right
here at home? There are a few around, they're not very expensive, and it's
an interesting blend of Michelotti style with TR6-like and Stag-like
mechanicals. And it's got a very comfortable and roomy interior and DEEP
trunk!

--Andy