TR3 pics and TRIUMPH (read STANDARD) bricks

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: TR3 pics and TRIUMPH (read STANDARD) bricks
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:53:55 -0000
Hi guys

E-mail letters of complaint :-) from my ISP ref the server crash of
inbound requests for photos of TR3's and bricks.

I'm joking

Can I deal with these issues separately?

PHOTOS
As many of you may have seen from an earlier post from me, Jim Altman
has generously volunteered to receive the pics and expand his website
of pics I sent to him earlier this year of the cars at Gaydon. Thanks
for that Jim. I'll be transmitting them to him later tonight and
after that I guess he'll notify all relevant lists when they are
ready for viewing.

BRICKS
My God, do all those of you who wrote me REALLY want one?
Okay, as so many have at least expressed the desire, I'm going to do
this. Currently I have a splendid example - all of 75plus years old,
covered in old mortar and generous dollops of genuine Coventry mud
(now dry) - presently in use as a doorstop for my coalshed. As its
broadly representative of what is still on the site in terms of size
and weight, I'll take this to the post office on Monday and get a
price for mailing to you. I doubt it'll be cheap and God knows what
various Customs boys will think. The last time I did this, it caused
havoc in my local post office when I was asked what was in the
parcels. How many people ship used bricks round the world? BTW, I'm a
bit disinclined to spend a day or so with a hammer and chisel cutting
them into smaller unit sizes.
Once I have a shipping price, I'll notify you all via this list AND
ONLY ONCE - so you can decide whether this really is such a sensible
thing to have. I should also point out that I'd need payment for
shipping in cash as my bank screws me to the wall in commission and
charges for converting personal checks in currencies other than
sterling. As far as my book is concerned, every time I receive a
US$25 check, $13.50 of that sum goes to the bank to give me Pounds.
Not viable - but I send the books out anyway.

Watch out for things on Monday - and then its make your mind up time.

Cheers
John Mac