It runs but..

To: "Spit list" <spitfires@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: It runs but..
From: "Craig" <smi2685@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 14:49:28 -0500
OK here we go again... Sorry for all the posts

Let me give some background.
Total rebuild on engine.
Carb problem fixed (I think)
Engine runs but I must choke it, I can't turn the choke off or it stalls.

I checked the timing with a light, To get it to run the timing is way before
the marks on the metal degree settings on the timing chain cover. I tried to
time it to 8 degrees but it won't continue to run when I try to get it even
close to the plate.

On another deal, #3 isn't even getting any spark through the cap. I moved
the induction from #1 wire to all the wires and I get a nice light except
#3.
I haven't bought a new cap or button but it should fire if the other 3 are,
right ?

Craig Smith
71 Spit MarkIV
Getting Closer with a little help from my friends!