Re: bench bleeding confusion

To: KEVIN EDDINS <EDDINSK@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bench bleeding confusion
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 15:30:06 -0500
At 12:02 PM 1/14/99 -0600, KEVIN EDDINS wrote:

>It sounds like the MC is to be mounted in the same orientation as when on
>the car.  If this is true, then why should mount it on a bench other than
>the car.  If this is to keep fluid off the mounts, then it doesn't matter
as my
>mounts and firewall are pretty rusted anyway.

I alway though that you bench bleed so that you can ensure there no air
bubbles in the the nooks and crannies of the assembly.   So the best
orientation for the bench bleed is horizontal (as opposed to the angled way
it is mounted in the car.)  To be sure you could give it a few stokes in
each position.

(Not upside-down, though.)   :)

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO