Re: BTU rating of electric garge heaters?!?!

To: "Atwell Haines" <carbuff@nac.net>
Subject: Re: BTU rating of electric garge heaters?!?!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 02:28:50 -0000
> You'll find that the floor is still pretty darn cold even with the
air temp
> at 70.  And of course, the by-product of that heater is moisture,
so things
> tend to condense on the cold surfaces a bit.   A built-in heater
with
> external exhaust would prevent that, and carbon monoxide concerns.
> If you are building, look into some kind of radiant heat for the
floor,
> you'll be glad you did.   (BOY my buns get cold!)

But electric costs, doesn't it? What's wrong with making a simple
crawler board on castors from timber when you're under the car and a
similar one for the standing area round your bench? With your feet
off the floor and that small airspace between your body and the
concrete, your buns (and anything else!) should remain well
protected.

John Mac