driver's side mirror

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: driver's side mirror
From: "BJ Martin" <bj_martin@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 05:06:19 PST
What are recommendations for replacing the driver's side mirror? The
mirror on my '77 spitfire "leaped" off the car. This occurred while it
was alone in the garage. As I do not believe in ghosts, I suspect it is
the result of an ill-gotten effort by the mirror to get out of the cold
(actually, I guess the plan worked as I brought the mirror inside).
Anyway, I have seen posts that suggested that some of the mirrors
available have been of disappointing quality. Where did you get ones
that were good? If someone has an original on a parts car in good
condition, I may be interested in that (my original mirror was black;
sort of a "bullet-type"). brent