brakes, brakes, brakes

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: brakes, brakes, brakes
From: KEVIN EDDINS <eddinsk@NRISO.NOLA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:21:14 -0600
I know I am becoming quite the pest on the brake issue, but this is more
of an update.

I've gone through 2 quarts of bleeding and I guess I still have air in the
system.  I am going to bleed through another quart today and hope that is
the end of it.

Last night I could feel a good pressure with a high pedal.  The problem is
that if I pressed moderately hard the pedal would still travel to the floor.  I
took it for a drive and could never get the brakes to lock up, except on
loose gravel.  From what I am noticing, I think there is air in the front.  I
think all tires were locking a little, but it was hard to tell with the way the
gravel was.

I will continue to bleed and bleed and bleed.  At some point autozone will
run out of brake fluid or I will run out of air.  Hopefully my wife doesn't
run out of leg power.  We have to do the two man bleed dance.

After a couple of emails, I decided to leave the PDWA thingy alone, since
it shouldn't stop the fluid on a line.  Also, I am bleeding in the order of
furthest to the closest to the MC.

The afternoon ritual of bleed bleed bleed continues today.

Thanks for the advice and encouragement,

Kevin