Re: Head Studs -Reply

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Head Studs -Reply
From: Ron Fowler <triumph@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 21:22:37 -0500
To all,

For what it's worth:

>From HPBOOKS - 1,001 High Performance Tech Tips, by Wayne Scraba -1st
edition - 1995 - page 7, tip #42 TORQUING HEAD STUDS:

"Head studs should never be installed with more than 10 foot-pounds of
torque (five foot-pounds is usually the practical limit).  More than
that will distort the deck and create head gasket problems.  Install the
stud with a correct stud and bearing lock (or mount) epoxy."

My personal knowledge of this subject is limited but the above
referenced book has some great tips!

Regards,

Ron Fowler