Re: petrol

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: petrol
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 15:55:54 -0800
Fred,
Lets see if I can remember....

The gasoline is pumped down a common pipeline from the refinery.  It is
pumped in batches that are separated by an air bubble between them.
(Not sure of the dynamics of that process)

The grades are more likely a result of additives which are mixed after
the fuel is received.

The different grades are then shipped in tank trucks to the station and
into the holding tanks where they are distributed to the consumers
through the pumps.

Am I close?  Or is it all done with smoke and mirrors?

Joe

fred thomas wrote:

> anybody have any idea how petrol gets from the refinery to your local
> station, and then do they get the three different varieties, to your car
> ??
> How is reg., hi-test & premium manufactured, lets try this on for a few
> days, should be interesting.

 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer