Re: [Fwd: Saddam humor - NO LBC CONTENT<g>]

To: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Saddam humor - NO LBC CONTENT<g>]
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:46:16 -0000
I think it's sad that 'humour' of the type recounted has been able to
enter this list.
President Clinton is not without his own troubles at this time and
personally speaking I didn't find the story at all amusing.
Certainly, I advocate the submission of ANY form of story written to
make me laugh or smile. Indeed, to even allow the name of Saddam
Hussein to be seen within an aura of humour is something of a
misnomer. Perhaps the originator of that thread (and not the
contributor to this list) might be better employed in paying a
personal visit to Iraq to see how things really are. I got to know
that country quite well between 1979 and 1990. What he, she or they
will find, is an administration that runs very close parallels to
that of Adolf Hitler in Nazi Germany and which also takes full
advantage of modern technology to further perpetrate crimes against
humanity.
"His people love him" the propagandists will tell you.
What they won't tell you, is the vast bulk of the population of Iraq
are so b****y terrified for their lives that they dare not say
anything against their so-called leader. A national leader who is
such a funk and coward that he spends most of his time continually on
the move to avoid assassination.
Perhaps if the allied forces presently prosecuting offences against
the Iraqi nation were actively encouraged to wipe out Saddam, his
dedicated henchmen and all vestiges of his heinous doings, we might
then start to make some progress on Middle East - and possibly even
World peace. We might also start to enjoy stories on any subject on
this list which the contribution in question signally lacked -
namely, real humour.

John Macartney