Re: Fuel System Questions

To: <TRBILBO@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Fuel System Questions
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 10:13:17 -0000
Bill Burroughs wrote:

Amazing how many ignition,
> timing and engine ills always get blamed on those #$@^%##$
Strombergs. Usually
> espoused by the VW mechanic (European Repair Garage) who hasn't a
clue to
> begin with and would rather not learn.

On the button, RIGHT on the button. Runs parallel to the old saying
"we the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for
the ungrateful."
How many listers know the Stromberg was brought to life by a Standard
Triumph engineer - and principally because BMC was pratting around
looking after their SU interests?

> How's that for inflamatory? Start a thread did we??...smile

By all means, Bill - but may I point out (with all the usual
disclaimers) that Paul Richardson is presently doing much research
into the Stromberg and today (yes, TODAY) is visiting the man who
brought it into the world. All of Paul's research is exclusively for
Triumph Over Triumph - so if anyone wants to know, they'd better sign
up.

John Mac