GT6 rollbar

To: <spitfires-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: GT6 rollbar
From: "Greg Tobin" <greg.tobin@mci.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 14:37:47 -0700

    I was wondering if anyone has used one the commonly available "Not a
real Rollbar for liability reasons" rollbars from VB, TRF, etc  that are
listed for Spitfires in a GT6+???   I have my GT6+ tub stripped down and am
in the seemingly never ending process of sanding it, priming, sanding,
priming, and would like to do any hole drilling, welding to the underside
before I paint it.

    I have one in my '72 Mark IV, and vague measuring says it will fit, but
before I yank it out of the 72, and test fit it into the tub, I was curious
if anyone has done this?   Seeing that my wife and I can move the tub around
by ourselves, I don't really trust that small amount of sheet metal to hold
up in any sort of vehicle altercation, and that rollbar is better than
nothing.

    As a humourous side note:  I parked my Spit next to a Sabb Sonnet III
yesterday, and until that point, I was convinced that the Spitfire was
small.  Compared to the Sonnet, it's the size of a Malibu wagon!

Greg Tobin
72 Mark IV daily driver
79 1500 garage potato
70 GT6+ 2.53 cars in boxes, on sawhorses, shelves....