FW: "Chatty" messages

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: "Chatty" messages
From: Nick Moseley <nmoseley@comsavings.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:47:42 -0800
Normally I read Spitfire mail avidly but stay in lurk mode. Many people on
the list have more experience with the nitty gritty of Spittys than I, so I
defer to their knowledge.
FWIW and IMHO with respect to the chatty messages, I enjoy them. This list
is more than a technical resource, it is like a widely spaced society. The
list has been complimented on the breadth and depth of the knowledge held
and shared by its residents, as well as its "supportiveness" and
camaraderie. Sometimes chattier messages are what set the tone for the rest
of the discourse, and encourage those less inclined to bring their Spit
challenges out for public view. Its easy to say that everyone can't be an
expert, so ask away, yet no-one wants to be the dummy in the group. The
tone in this group is positive, and lets the less expert of us be
comfortable enough to ask questions even though we know that by asking the
question we are showing that we've been defeated by our cars to a greater
or lesser extent (!).
That said, out of respect to the others on the list, I suggest that people
rename messages on a thread when they branch off into something un-related
to the subject line. That way, virtually every-one should be happy.

Thats it, sorry for the longish content, its JMO, but if you didn't want to
read about "chatty messages" then you could have read the subject line and
deleted it, un-opened.
Nick Moseley
76 Spit (needs floorboard)
77 Spit (needs clutch and chassis) (No Joe C. its not in there yet, but
this weekend, I promise!)
78 Spit (chassis donor to the 77)