Fwd: Spring Re-Start FAILED!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Spring Re-Start FAILED!
From: PVanDuyne@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 20:54:55 EST

--part1_4cdb8419.24357d6f_boundary

In a message dated 3/27/99 4:58:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
PVanDuyne@aol.com writes:

<< List;

        I have a schedule with the paint shop on April 5th. I'm looking
forward to
 the finishing touches after my accident last year. I attempted to get my spit
 running today a bit early for New England but necessary to drive her to the
 paint shop. Everything went fine, same as every other year after winter
 storage. I always use a little Either to help start and the car fired right
up
 but wont run on the gas in the tank. Fuel pump is pumping all the way to the
 carburetor. Even switched carb to a 76 version I rebuilt over the winter and
 it still wont even sputter w/o either.
 Any ideas?  Could the gasoline in the tank go bad?
 I used a stabilizer and the tank was/is nearly full.  I am thinking about
 draining the tank and trying some fresh gas but I'm not keen on doing this
 myself.

 TIA

 Pete VanDuyne
 1980 spit

4/1/99

Solution turned out to be to replace the fuel pump.