Re: intermittent brake problem

To: "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2" <jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: intermittent brake problem
From: Rick Gregory <rick_gregory@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 17:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
Patrick,
I had these exact same symptoms and I ordered a
rebuild kit for my M/C. While rebuilding, I discovered
the cylinder was fairly well "scored". Looks like my
spit had moisture in the system--probably when it sat
dormant for years. You know, brake fluid seems to hold
moisture... it should be drained and replaced anew
more often than people realize.

Nothing I did fixed the problem until I bought a new
M/C from a local British Car shop. It cost me $160 and
immediately remedied my problems.

If you still think there is air in the system, why not
just bleed 'em again and see if any comes out? Or is
it not that easy on your vehicle? My spit purges air
from the system readily when it is bled.

--Rick

--- "Bowen, Patrick A. RP2"