More on Leak in bellhousing

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: More on Leak in bellhousing
From: Ray Bryant <photoray@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 20:09:45 -0500
The oil isn't slowly dripping as the car sits.  It waits until I drive it
and then it spills out about an ounce when I shut down the engine.  It is
definitely gear oil.  I also notice a very low ticking sound when I push
the car in the driveway without the engine running.  Could the ticking be
coming from the CV joint on the drive shaft?  Why is it waiting until I
shut it down to spill the oil.

>I just put another gearbox on and after driving a few miles I have oil
>flowing out of >the drain hole in the bottom of the bell housing.  Where
>is it comming from?

Ray Bryant
Keller, Texas
'73 Spitfire 1500 (FM6879U), Daily driver
Red River Triumph Club http://www.imagin.net/~hensley/rrtc.html
Bryant Studios Photography http://www.flash.net/~photoray