Re: Spitfire Hardtop

To: Bryan Segers <max0705@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire Hardtop
From: jak0pab@jak10.med.navy.mil (Bowen, Patrick A. RP2)
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 07:18:05
Bryan, depending on condition a good hardtop is probably worth $200 to
$350.  Values is greatly affected by the glass being intact, seals in
place, good headliner, and (big one!) mounting hardware.  Now that is what
one might be worth.  If he is wanting to get rid of it and does not not its
value then I might offer $75 or $100 (OK I'm cheap)  let us know how it
works out.

Patrick

At 10:27 PM 4/8/99 -0400, Bryan Segers wrote:

>I am trying to buy a spitfire, and in my travels I have found a very nice
spitfire hard top,
>The guy with it for sale just wants to get rid of it. What would be a fair
offer for the top, and the hard top is from a 79-80 spit, what years/models
accept the hard top
>also if it matters I live in fort lauderdale, The wonderful south florida
weather should keepthe value down, I hope
>Bryan

Patrick Bowen
'79 Spitfire
Jacksonville FL