Re: Wheels and tires on a spitfire

To: "Chip Mautz" <clmautz@yahoo.com>, "LARRY ELSWICK" <sos@kymtnnet.org>,
Subject: Re: Wheels and tires on a spitfire
From: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 09:34:05 -0500
>This is a bit old, but I hope it'll help - I recently drove a guys '78
>Spitfire 1500 up at Road Atlanta, and it had 195/50 or 195/60 (probably
>the former) on it - on 14" wheels!  Don't ask me how he made them fit,
>but they did!  They looked great, handled great, and didn't stick out
>bad.  I want 'em for my '71!
>
>Chip

Chip --

The Triumph Sports Six Club offers 6"x14" Minilite look-alikes which have
(according to them) "a perfect fit on all club cars."  All club cars means
Spits, GT6s, Heralds, Vitesses, etc.  Cost is 345 pounds for a set of four.
I'm looking at their written catalogue but there may be some info on their
web site: www.tssc-hq.demon.co.uk/offers.html

Wish I could afford a set.  And shipping.

-- Andy L. (GT6 in MN)