Re: Headlight removal

To: Patrick Barber <sailnbail@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Headlight removal
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 08:43:17 -0400
And to further answer the question, I believe the 'snap-ring' is the chrome
retaining ring around the headlight itself, found on the older Spits only
(Mk1 & 2?).  IIRC, the '77 lamp retaining ring is held on by 3 teeney
screws. I didn't use any special tool, although a small screw-starter would
have made the job easier.  I just used the old trick of putting grease in
the screw-slots, which kinda-sorta-almost holds the hardware to the
screwdriver while it approaches the car.

PS, the housing is not only hard to remove, but also hard to re-install!
It's tough to get all the mounting nuts aligned and started at the same
time.  Good luck.

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA

 "When you do a good deed, get a receipt, in case heaven is like the IRS."