RE: Firewall sealing

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, Ryan Smith <shmitty99@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Firewall sealing
From: "Simmons, Reid W" <reid.w.simmons@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 08:17:02 -0700
Yeah, they're cheap.  I just bought a bunch of grommets from VB (.50 each?),
and am going to replace all of the grommets in the firewall  (interesting
name, ...FIREWALL!).  There is also heat that comes up through the
transmission tunnel.  I plan on using some of that foil-backed "space age"
insulation under the carpet for that.

Now if you want 'HOT', trying racing an LBC on a track not that far from the
Everglades in South Florida on a really hot summer day, wearing all that
Nomex, and NO insulation to keep the heat of the engine out of the cockpit!

Reid
'79 Spitfire