RE: Wannabe (kinda long)

To: "'Mark Gardner'" <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Wannabe (kinda long)
From: "Mostrom, Paul" <Mostrom.Paul@principal.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 07:58:45 -0500
Welcome Mark!

I believe that most of the opinions about which model is best all stem from
personal experiences with the cars.  I own a '77 1500 and really love driving
it.  I like the older looks of the MKI and MKII, but before I found my '77
Spit I was set on finding and restoring a TR3.  Many years ago, while my
brother was in Vietnam, his '61 TR3A was stored at home.  I fell in love with
that car and have wanted one ever since.  Now that I have my Spitfire, I don't
think that I would enjoy driving a TR3 nearly as much.  I have done some minor
modifications (exhaust, carburetor, emission controls) to solve the power
problems, but I live in a state that does not have emission inspections.  Our
biggest emission problem is all the pigs and cows &:o)>.  As for price, I paid
2K for my '77 with a good body, lousy interior and a freshly (professionally
done) rebuilt 1500.

Best of luck!

Thanks,
Paul Mostrom
'77 Spitfire 1500
'80 Ford F-100 (Triumph Support Vehicle)

'Black holes, where God divided by zero......'