Re: Mk 3 Seats

To: "Kris & Randy Croft" <rkcroft@ibm.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mk 3 Seats
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:55:37 -0400
The high back seat frame in my '70 Mk3 Spitfire is different from the high
back seat frame as found on later cars such as the early 70's GT6. Similar
but different. If you plan to bolt in the seats, they will fit fine. If you
plan to rebuild them, the foams, straps, and upholstery material are
definitely different between the two.

I have a pair of passenger seats (tan) from a GT6 that were used apparently
also in early MkIV's. When I went to rebuild them with correct foams,
straps and fabric for the MkIII, I found that the materials were different.
I now have a passenger seat for a MkIII to rebuild but I too am looking for
a driver's side MkIII seat frame and sliding mechanism.

Keith Stewart