Re: Manifold plug update

To: eyates@enteract.com
Subject: Re: Manifold plug update
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 08:35:10 -0400 (EDT)
According to Eric A. Yates:
> Update:
> Earlier tonight I asked for help in locating the correct part (or anything
> that would fit) for plugging the hole in the Spit 1500 exhaust manifold.
> Thanks to all who responded. For now, I came up with a temporary solution.
> With the right size carriage bolt, a few washers, and some creativity I
> managed to plug the hole in the old fitting and screwed 'er in there. Went
> for a test drive, and the car is quiet as a mouse (from the front, anyway).
> I'd still like to get a more correct part in place but for now this'll do.

Back in the 70's I had an MGB.  I removed all that garbage (a properly
tuned and maintained car doesn't polute anyway) and found that I could
get standard plumbing pipe plugs the right size and thread to plug all
the holes.  Including the holes in the intake manifold from the pump
system, which were much more of a concern than any hole in the exhaust.

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |