Oil Filters

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Oil Filters
From: William Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:39:09 +0100
Hi,
        I have always been very careful which oil filters I fit to my Heralds
and Spitfires, only using those with good anti-drain properties. I used
Unipart GFE119 (which were very good) for years until they became
obsolete, and were replaced by GFE4 (which seemed to have no anti-drain
properties whatsoever). I have since been using Champion D102 without
problems, but the latest batch I have received don't seem upto the job.
I purchased a crate of 10, and I have used 2, one in my MkIV Spitfire
(31,000 miles from new, excellent mechanical condition), the other in my
Wife's 1500 Dolomite, which is equally good mechanically. I am now
experiencing drain back of the oil within 10 minutes on both cars.
        So I no longer see the Champion D102 as a suitable filter - what does
everyone else use? I am in the UK so I need to find a readily obtainable
brand,
        Regards,
                Bill.
                            This Message sent by:
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupé Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupé
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup