Re: camber compensator

To: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Subject: Re: camber compensator
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:48:17 -0700
Mark,
I guess it depends on a number of things.  I have not seen how the anti
sway bar is mounted, so I don't know the dynamics of it.  I spoke to
someone who said he has one (don't know if it is addco) and he was
unimpressed with its performance because it restricted the action of the
springs and made for an awfully rough ride.  This is probably not
important in a true race car, but certainly worth considering on a
street car.

The design of the camber compensator is such that it does not interfere
with the spring action but rather transfers the force of the wheel
negative camber attitude.  Coupled with a de-arched rear spring, and
some good Koni or Spax shocks, it makes for a good racing setup.

Send me a reply describing how the addco sway bat is mounted and I'll
compare it with my understanding of the camber compensator action and
give you my thoughts.  Also what is the cost of this option?

Regards,
Joe