vtr

To: triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: vtr
From: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 08:23:07 -0400
Well, what a convention, to be able to put faces on names, and just so
many of them. First MJB flies into the convention takes John Lye's car,
has the fastest time takes 2 trophys for his skills and then receives
the one and only standing ovation for his very tirless efforts in
maintaining all of these crazies in one place on the net and his great
support of this hobby, it was great the N.E. chapter thought to
recoginize this gent and to give a special award to him, but, the
standing ovation was beautiful from the people that this list means so
very much too. There was so much to see and do, you could not possibly
get to all of it, N.E. Triumphs did a great job, how many times have you
seen a complete blocked off and 24 hour police protection, escorted to
the show field, and just really pampered, they thought of it all. My car
ran just great until 15 miles from home and the pin came out of the
throttle shaft and to a slow stop,  installed a "ice-pick" and continued
on after 5 minutes with no mishaps. I think I was flying a little low
and fast, over 250 miles of 2 lane mountain roads and 715 total miles in
12 hours and 10 minutes, including 2 pit stops, but, no tickets. I'm
sure everyone will be posting their storys on VTR 99, but it sure was
fun. Yes there really is a "Sumner Weisman", I met him and his fine wife
and he also has a very nice car for which he also received a award.
Later   "FT"