Brakelines

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Brakelines
From: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 10:42:05 -0400
I currently have my frame stripped bare, to include the brake lines.  On my
rebuild I am converting to Silicon fluid on all my hydraulics, and
rebuilding everything while I am at it.  The lines I have appear in good
shape, is there any reason to replace them?  History, the car sat for the
last Seven years not running.  If it is ok to keep them, would it be OK to
sandblast the exterior to clean off all the undercoating and grease and gunk
all over them.  Any reason not to?  Also, how hard is it to rebuild front
calipers?  What does that entail.

Patrick Bowen