RE: Brakelines

To: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>,
Subject: RE: Brakelines
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@nac.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:06:08 -0400
At 10:20 AM 08/30/1999 -0400, Bowen, Patrick A wrote:

>You mentioned the two pieces, are these the ones that are not supposed to be
>separated?  If so should I  mess with that part?

Patrick,

I found that the local auto parts store offered rebuilt calipers for a LOT
less than the usual suspects....$78 each, no core required.  Moss wanted
over $200 a caliper at the time.

As far as brake lines, they usually rust out from the inside, from
moisture.  I took a chance on mine & they have performed OK for two years
now.  YMMV.

Atwell "More Money Than Brains" Haines
"Mr. Spit" - '79 Spitfire
Succasunna, NJ USA