Re: Oil?

To: "Laura Gharazeddine" <Laura.G@141.com>, <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil?
From: wizardz@toad.net
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 18:55:16 -0400
Ha! just went though some of the same stuff  ha ha!
In my case, even without the key in the ignition the
door key buzzer was trying like hell to buzz. It was more like
a little tiny whine that would slowly increase in pitch and amplitude.

By the time I drove it for an hour or two. It stopped.

You may want to simply disconnect you oil pressure light
at the engine switch (below your dizzy) and see if it still
comes on. If it does, wiring got wet somewhere and is
conducting enough current to light the light. (it doesn't take much)
If it doesn't come on, clean off the switch and inside the connector real
well
If you have any, spray WD40 all other the wiring. It will displace
any water and dirt or grease that is conducting. It cleans up easily
and will even leave a shine on your wiring harness without damaging
anything. (WD40 also works well as s bug and road tar remover.)

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html