RE: Engine Conversion

To: "'Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com'" <Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com>
Subject: RE: Engine Conversion
From: Chris De Wet <DeWetC1@sapo.co.za>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 10:34:21 +0200
John

We only have a few Spitfires in South Africa, but most of them have been
converted using the Datsun / Nissan 1400 ( ldv / pick-up ) engine and
gearbox / transmission . I've never converted a Spit , but have been told
that it is a relative easy and straight swop . I'm all for originality , but
if I had to , I would go for the GT 6 conversion .
Best wishes.

Chris de Wet
South Africa
One TR3 with o/d , two Heralds and four early Spitfires without o/d .