Re: Barry Schwartz' alternator problem

To: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Barry Schwartz' alternator problem
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 19:19:41 -0700
> am assuming that you will be disconnecting the alternator output wire and
>leaving the belt in place.  If so you can run until the voltage drops to a
>critical level, stop, reconnect the alternator and let the engine idle.
Yes David, all (the connector) except for the bolted on main battery
connection
Good point, although I'll have to watch the battery.  When I stopped, I
heard the battery bubbling quite furiously from its short burst of
overcharging (maybe burned a little sulfide off the plates??), so I would
have to monitor that to prevent an explosion.  Even at Idle, its
overcharging - The consensus is that I should make it home all right (where
I have my spare of course ;-})  Thanks - good suggestion

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)