Re: Running on battery only

To: emanteno@attglobal.net
Subject: Re: Running on battery only
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 09:24:28 -0400 (EDT)
According to Irv Korey:

4 hours!!  I drove mine for almost two weeks and 300 miles before the
battery ran down enough to not turn the starter.  Of course, at this
point I was 70 miles from home.  No problem.  I pushed the car about
10 feet, the wife popped the clutch in reverse, the car started.  We
then drove it the 70 miles to get home.  A lot to be said for cars
with mechanical fuel pumps (and mechanical everything else for that
matter.  I would think in an emergency I could push start the car and
drive it in daylight using only a pair of lantern batteries.

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |