Ragtop Plastic Windows

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Ragtop Plastic Windows
From: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 08:59:22 -0400
Hello all,

I tried the car wax suggestion to clean/clear up the plastic windows.
This technique worked very well. I put another twist on this and tried
using 'Gel Gloss', the stuff used to polish up fiberglass tubs and
showers.  That stuff worked even better and it seemed to do it faster.
Perhaps my windows were not 'beyond repair', just really scuzzy.  In any
event, I did the two side windows last night and will do the zipper one
tonight.  The side ones look great.

Thx to everyone for their suggestions and recommendations.

mike chmura

 Michael Chmura
 Technical Services Manager
 University Information Systems
 University of Massachusetts, President's Office
 133 Whitmore Building
 Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
 Phone: 413-545-4673
 Fax:     413-545-3205