Re: Re: Thanks for Top advice - couple questions....

To: <alemen@pop.ftconnect.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Thanks for Top advice - couple questions....
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 11:57:55 -0400
granted...it's a MG Midget page... but he techniques work the same
for all convertible tops. At the bottom of the page at
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/interior2.htm
is how I installed all the fasteners on my Robbins top.

As far as the standard snaps go...simply stand up a 2x4 on the ground that
is the right length and use it 'end on' as an anvil. All my snaps where
installed in under twenty minutes and fit perfectly.

Any hardware store sells kits for snaps that have a small punch
and metal anvil to use to set them (flare the pieces) correctly.

Paul Tegler  wizardz@toad.net        http://www.teglerizer.com
OBie - '73 BGT - daily driver
http://www.teglerizer.com/mgstuff/ob_description.htm
Punkin' - '78 Spitfire - corner ripping screamer
http://www.teglerizer.com/triumphstuff/spit78.htm
Lil' Greenee - '73 RWA Midget - lady killer
http://www.teglerizer.com/midgetstuff/index.html