RE: Why Worry??

To: "'Jeff McNeal'" <jmcneal@ohms.com>,
Subject: RE: Why Worry??
From: "Mitchell, Douglas (D.B.)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 09:38:00 -0400
Jeff,

In nearly 25 years of owning my Spitfire, there have been only 4
times that it has been unable to complete the journey that has been
handed to it. It has traveled throughout England and Wales, been
through Germany and Belgium, and that was in it's first four years.
The last 23 years have seen it go from New Jersey to Ohio, to Michigan
and Illinois. To Canada and Pennsylvania. If you prepare the car
correctly, you won't need to do any work on the side of the road.
As someone else wrote, and as we used to say in my racing days,
anything you have a spare for won't go bad.

A friend of mine once said of driving British cars, each trip is an
adventure and we all need a little adventure in our lives.

BTW, the four times the car failed to get me home? Each and every
time it was the clutch. Although one time it was also the gearbox.
Blew the input and layshaft while autocrossing not to mention tearing
out the center of the driven disc.

AA, AAA and the help of friends got the car home each time.

Cheers,

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ismi.net
dmitchel@ford.com